Saturday, September 19, 2015

Pittsburgh Pierogi Fest

So I may be one of those people that makes fun of all the "Yinzers" that go to to random events around the city. Today I was one of those yinzers. We skipped out last year, so I figured why not. Iny honest opinion I expected more - I'm not sure of exactly what. There was a wide variety of pierogis and of course haluski, stuffed cabbage and pierogi merchandise.  We didn't mind the $7 for parking - cheap compared to normal event rates. The 12.50 admission was a little much for free Turners tea half pints, but the pierogis made up for it.

We started off with a jumbo potato and cheese pierogi - half the size of the plate, probably the best traditional one. Alan and Jody split a pierogi hoagie w/out sauerkraut which they were disappointed in. I had an amazing Smoky Rogi from Pittsburgh Smokehouse with brisket on it. Alan had a sweet cream filled pierogi sundae with apples and caramel that was different. I had a deep fried pierogi with an aoili of some type that wasn't too bad. It was a true Pittsburgh yinzer experience - Alan loved the polka. Next year we're convincing mom to open a stand - look for Mama J's pierogis!

No comments:

Post a Comment