Monday, May 25, 2015

Summer sweets

Hope everyone had a great kickoff to summer and remembering those that made the ultimate sacrifice for us. We were busy around the house and working outside but that didn't stop us from eating.

I took dessert to the first cookout we went to. Of course I couldn't just take one, so I made two! The first was a really easy icebox cookie trifle. It is super simple and so good. All you need is a family package of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies and two containers of whipped topping thawed. You can do it in just about any size pan or bowl. I use a glass bowl I got from IKEA. Starting with the whipped topping on the bottom then a layer of cookies alternating until you run out. I always set aside a few cookies to crush up to sprinkle over the top. Some may also dunk the cookies in milk before layering, but I think it makes it too soggy. Once layered, cover and put in refrigerator at least two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment