Monday, November 3, 2014

Solo Meals

As I've mentioned before my awesome husband Alan is a meat, potatoes, pasta and pizza guy. I try to make different meals, but he doesn't always like to go outside of his comfort zone.  For those times that I need a meal for myself, I try to adapt the meals or keep the parts out he won't eat.  Other times I just say screw it and make my own.  Here are some of my favorites.  


Crockpot Ribs and Low Country Boil 



Now Alan did eat the ribs which turned out amazing.  I did some with a dry rub and some with barbecue.  I boiled the corn and after the corn was done I kept a few pieces of uncooked corn cobs for myself, small red potatoes and shrimp.I added one of my favorite seasonings - Old Bay- the the pot and it was amazing!  I did add more to it when it was done since I can never get enough of Old Bay.  


 Beef and Broccoli (Stir Fry) 




 I love Chinese food - Alan not so much.  I did manage to get him to eat beef and broccoli and it is a meal I typically make.  As he says, I like all the "yucky" stuff in mine.  So this time I kept my "yucky" veggies out - baby corn, bamboo shoots and sprouts.  It honestly wasn't that bad to keep these separated and he was content - so was I! 




Southwest Chicken Bowl 



I love Mexican - Alan not so much unless it's a chicken and cheese quesadilla.  I usually make tacos or burritos with leftover proteins I had, but I felt like I needed a change.  This was so easy to do.  I used leftover sauteed chicken and cubed it,  sliced grape tomatoes, opened a can of corn and a can of black beans.  Mixed everything together sprinkled some cheddar cheese on top and threw in the microwave for about 45 seconds - it was amazing. I did add some cumin and cilantro too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment