Friday, November 7, 2014

On the road again

I'm heading to Jersey to visit the bestie for the weekend and run my 2nd 5k at Valenzano Winery (some of my favorite wines come from there) 

No roadtrip - especially one out east - is complete until you have Wawa - "Gotta hava Wawa"



In honor of my roadtrip, I thought I'd post about some of our great findings while traveling! 

First from our honeymoon in Vegas. I wish I would have taken a picture of all the great food we had but I didn't (no I wasn't drunk I didn't have one drink while we were there - that will happen on girls retreat).  Anyhu, we stayed in Mandalay Bay and Citizens restaurant was right downstairs.  I would have been content eating there every day. 


Fabulous eggs benedict and tater tots with tomatoes and peppers the best I ever had! 

Most amazing vanilla latte. I had these our first morning.




 Shout out to A Slice of Vegas!


Decadent and melt in your mouth gelato from Bellagio



Ladles - Springdale, PA 

We used to go for lunch and dinner all the time when it was right up the road.  We honestly haven't been there for lunch or dinner since we discovered their breakfast!  



Alan tried the breakfast burger. 

But this is what he usually gets the country breakfast complete with big (delectable) pancakes,eggs,choice of meat (he always gets sausage) and toast. 





These pancakes are amazing! 

However, there's this....




This is my absolute favorite you can see how many different times I got it chicken and waffles with spicy syrup! 


Riveria Pizza - Lower Burrell, PA. 
Not only do they have amazing pizza (which they serve with buttermilk ranch) we got these bad boys fried dough balls.  It was like a funnel cake, but not. They were just amazing! 



Shop n Save - Pittsburgh PA 
Antipasta salad.  Again it takes me back to something my granny always had in the house. Vegetables, cheese and meat marinated in an oil sauce of some sort.  Mmm little bite of Italy. 




Around Back - Lower Burrell, PA 
Amazing Oktoberfest eggs benedict.  I mentioned this in a previous post but it was so good I'll mention again.  Potato pancakes topped with kielbasa, poached egg and topped with beer cheese! 


We have two favorite appetizers there.  One of them is the potato skins that has broccoli, cheese and bacon and is amazing.  The other is fried cheese sticks nom nom nom 



Oakmont Bakery, Oakmont, PA



 Our amazing wedding and penguin groom's cake. 





Doughsant - a cross between a glazed donut and a croissant - so delicate, light and airy!


Chicken or the Egg (CHEGG) LBI, New Jersey
I love the beesting sauce (you can get it on wings or chicken or whatever or buy a bottle or two or have it shipped to you yes amazing! I love this) 



When we were there over the 4th of July Alan was so excited to try their chicken and waffles. 


Mom and I took a trip to Ocean City, Maryland last year and we had the best crab at some hole in the wall places. (If I remember the name of them I'll let you know). 

First the light and crispy hushpuppies 


Awesome crab, shrimp and corn


And softshell crab sandwich! 


Lastly, we hit up Hershey for chocolate tasting.  If you haven't done this - you really should. Some of the chocolate was so bitter and the rest I wanted to lick the glass - I'm sure that would have been frowned upon.  











No comments:

Post a Comment