Sunday, November 30, 2014

Do over December

So I ran a 5k last month - yay! Err, not. I really have learned to enjoy it over the past year and a half. However, when it comes to competition times - I suck! I was running a 25 minute 5k the month prior to the 5k and was so confident. The weather was perfect, I felt good and it took me 49 minutes ugh. I wasn't the last to finish, but I sure felt defeated. So that ended and I continued running the week after. Fast forward three weeks I fell off the wagon. It's time to kick start before the holidays.
I'm a firm believer in breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I'm totally okay with anything you wanna eat - yes even junk! You've got all day to burn it off and breakfast should be the highest caloric intake for that reason. I just wish I could make my mind realize that as I still feel I need to eat a well balanced dinner to keep me full til morning.
Anyways, as I spent time on Pinterest this weekend I came across some refrigerated overnight breakfast oatmeals. I just so happen to have a big ol container I need to start using so I figured I'd give them a try. I basically used up a few things I had leftover so it worked out perfectly. We shall see how they actually turn out.

I measured out half a cup of oats in each container.


Next, I added half a cup of milk. You can use any milk you have. Now comes the fun and experimentation part! 

First I used leftover pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and honey. The next is pumpkin puree, chocolate chips and walnuts.

I had leftover brownie mix from a dessert I made so why not. One is just brownie batter and the last  one is peanut butter brownie.

I put lids on tight and popped into the fridge. December 1 Day 1 eating better here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment