Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Lunch Crostinis

Truth: I'm a total Food Network junky!  I got some great recipes from Giada and Ina in the past few weeks that I've spent catching up on day time television.  I was considering having soup for lunch when I saw Ina (aka Barefoot Contessa one of my faves) whipping up some crostinis.  I had a 1/4 of a loaf of leftover Italian bread and knew my husband would forget about it.  I sliced it up, cut the slices in half and drizzled with olive oil.  Into the oven @ 400' for 7 minutes. 

Next, I used 1/2 cup ricotta and mixed in powdered garlic, basil and a pinch of salt. (Don't you love this little bowl I picked up - Target!) Then I cut grape tomatoes in half and grabbed some leftover sliced turkey deli meat. 
When the crostinis came out of the oven I spread the ricotta over them and placed tomatoes on top.  Look how beautiful!  



And topped with the turkey.  Put back in the oven for 5 minutes. 

Sad that the turkey overtook the pretty tomatoes so I drizzled half with black cherry balsamic (Carter and Cavero my favorite Jersey find) and truffle oil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment