Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Let's do this!

I took a big step a few weeks ago and quit my job as a preschool teacher.  It was a difficult decision since it was something that I always wanted to do and absolutely loved doing.  I honestly felt like I was trapped.  I loved the kids, the families and my job, but I just couldn't deal with drama and corporate bs any longer. I wanted to do it for awhile but of course needed to have something lined up before I could ultimately just quit.  I love writing and even though our the book I'm working on with my awesome co-authors hasn't taken off yet I knew I wanted to venture into the field of research and writing.  I applied with a few organizations for teaching and after being rejected I made the decision I wanted to try something else. Something not so demanding, something that would enable me to be closer to home, closer to my family if anyone needed anything. I am still watching kiddos from time to time but I get to focus on research and writing now.  I feel so blessed the opportunities arose when they did. I had 3 weeks of vacation which I used to help family with appointments, getting things done around the house and starting my research.  Of course I have kept a few days to do things for myself too. It's been relaxing, yet demanding.  Being out of school for two years I had to get into the mindset to motivate myself to do things and not just sit.  (Which honestly is hard for me to sit still any ways). Enough ranting - hooray new job, hooray new opportunities, hooray new beginnings!  I am going to work on really focusing on this blog more too. I love and have so many great recipes (and epic cooking fails) I want to share with the world.  I also plan on doing book reviews too!  I'm thinking my food updates I'll do on Sundays and my book reviews I'll do on Wednesday.  Yes, this schedule is tentative and could change, but I'm going to try it and see how it goes. That's all for now, even though today is Wednesday I'm going to start posting some past recipes today.  I will leave you with this while I get cracking. 


Happy National Cat Day! Love our precious, chatty, plastic licking, sassy diva Emma Jean. 





No comments:

Post a Comment