Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lindser's Graduation and Birthday

I can't believe the little girl I started watching when she was three graduated high school and is 18!  She shared some fun times baking and decorating apples with my dad that I had to do something special for her big day. She was disappointed because she wanted a birthday cake so I made her a birthday cookie cake.  Nutella is her favorite so I whipped up these simple Nutella brownie bites and of course added sprinkles! 





Nutella Brownie Bites 

1 cup Nutella
2 eggs
10 tbsp flour

Lightly grease mini muffin tin. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and combine. Pour the batter into muffin tin. Bake at 350' for around 30 minutes (less time for cupcake form, more time if the centers aren't baked through). I couldn't believe how easy these were and how good they were! 






Cookie Cake 

12 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup chocolate chips
sprinkles for decoration

Preheat oven to 325.
Line a pizza pan (12 inch)  with greased parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl cream together melted butter and brown sugar.
Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
Sprinkle your decorations on top (I used sprinkles on top)
Bake for 13-15 minutes. Cookie will not look completely done it will continue to cook as it cools. Cool completely on pan. Once cooled you can decorate.  I used gel icing for the writing and used a cake icing to make the balloons and the icing around the side (I'm not a decorating guru don't judge haha). 




No comments:

Post a Comment