Saturday, February 14, 2015

Eating healthy

I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I never let it get to me, even when my elementary gym teacher pulled us slow runners out to run on the inside circle.  It's not that I ate bad, I watched portions and enjoyed salads, but I was always bigger.  I did weight watchers with some success for awhile, but got bored with it as I lost some weight then didn't see any results.

I began running in May 2013. I hated running, dreaded running the mile in school, knowing I'd be near the back of the group.  When I chose to run on my own, I found out I really enjoyed it.  With that being said, I've been running since. Thus far, I've completed four 5ks and although my times usually stink, I know I'm doing it for myself to prove that I can.  Even though I picked up running, I still wasn't seeing the weight come off. 

February begins, and a friend posted about her success with Beachbody 21 day fix. I heard about it before, but it's another fad. Needless to say, I messaged her about it on a whim and dove in. I just completed the first round and I'm jumping right in to a second. I didn't see earth shattering changes, but change takes time right? I feel better eliminating unnecessary sugars and fats. I traded my beloved $4 iced grande nonfat caramel macchiatto for a $2 Americano that gives me quite the buzz I need. I'm still struggling with water intake, I do really good for a few days then forget I have water to drink. I'm still enjoying foods I like, maybe even enjoying them. The shakes I was leary about, but aren't bad. I picked up protein powder when I ran out and found they give me just the boost and love making them with ice and different fruit combinations. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but we'll see.

I'm enjoying the workouts, which differ each day and then repeat each week, but leave you room to make a few exercise choices of your own. Here are some of my healthy meals that prove eating healthy isn't boring and bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment